How to apply
Step 1. ADMISSIOM REQUIREMENTS
The applicant is considered eligible if he submits Secondary School graduation Certificate and demonstrates a sufficient level of the Russian language.
Step 2. DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
Please, pay attention that the process of issuing the invitation is quite time-consuming and takes about 1 month. For that reason we request you to apply for an invitation in advance.
For sending an invitation the following documents are necessary:
- Photocopy of the passport.
- Photocopy of the competed education certificate.
All the documents issued in foreign language require a notarized translation into the Russian language.
Documents are sent by e-mail, fax, post or delivered to the Department of International Relations annually by the 1 of August.
Step 3. ARRIVAL
After analyzing the applicant’s documents the University authorities make the decision on eligibility for matriculation. VSU sends an invitation to the applicant that is the ground for getting the Entrance Visa in the Consulate in the place of residence (for overseas citizens from countries with visa regime of entry into the Republic of Belarus). The Study Visa is issued on the paid basis.
To exclude the misunderstandings with customs and frontier guard officers you should notify your arrival and inform the Department of International Relations of the university beforehand.
Step 4. ARRIVAL IN VITEBSK
The convenient way to come to Belarus is by plane or by train.
The National airport ‘Minsk’ is 30 kilometers away from Minsk, the capital of the Republic of Belarus. You can reach city center from the airport by taxi or shuttle bus. From the bus station ‘Moskovskiy’ or the railway station, to buy a ticket to Vitebsk. In Vitebsk by bus №22, 34 or a shuttle bus № 99 you can get to the bus station ‘Vitebsk State University named after P.M. Masherov’ (Moskovskiy avenue, 33, room. 100, 102A, 102B)
Step 5. ENROLMENT
On arrival the Study Contract between the applicant and the university is signed. The precondition for enrolment to the university is the payment of the tuition fee and other fees.
To pass the enrolment procedure you will be assisted by the department of international cooperation. The documents required for enrolment:
- Application for admission including the speciality;
- The original of the education certificate with the official academic Transcript indicating subjects and grades.
- The notarized copy of the education certificate with the official academic Transcript indicating subjects and grades translated into Russian.
- The original of medical certificate issued by the official health care agency in the applicant’s home country and the notarized copy translated into Russian.
- The original of HIV medical certificate issued by the official health care agency in the applicant’s home country and the notarized copy translated into Russian.
- The notarized copy of passport translated into Russian.
- The notarized copy of birth certificate translated into Russian.
- The Certificate of Preparatory Department Completion (if required).
- 10 photos 3х4.
After submitting all the documents applicants are to be interviewed in the Russian language. The Committee consists of 3 teachers who make a conclusion about the applicant’s eligibility to study in the university.
All overseas students are provided with accommodation in the hostel.
Step 6. MEDICAL CHECK-UP
Before the beginning of the academic year the applicant must take a supplementary medical check-up at Vitebsk State Medical University clinic. The check-up is attended on the paid basis. The student pays for the medical check-up. Besides the medical check-up it is necessary to buy an obligatory medical insurance policy in one of the Insurance Companies.